Sunday, February 26, 2006

2 Milo 4 mee (a lame sequel)

Am a bit shocked by the response to my previous posting. I still am ...

I did not imagine for a single moment that when I wrote about my one of my favourite drinks ... there's also Yakult & Vitagen but that's another 2 stories to tell), that it would be read by people other than my small circle of friends. It was such a minute mundane thing to wrote on one fine day ... not sure if it was afternoon or night.

After all, many other bloggers before me & probably after mine, would have blogged on far more interesting stuff. Hahaa, writting on "Milo"? Didn't think that it would get me "my 1.5 seconds of blogging fame". Gone before you know it. Doesn't that remind you of a movie? Eh, not the 1940s one, okay? The one with the female half of "Bradgelina".

Have tried before the various concoctions as suggested by readers who posted their opinions, baring the "Milo Godzilla" (hope I got that one right!).

To the reader who wrote that I should use only fresh milk for making Milo drinks, YUP, that is what I do. In Singapore, it is regular milk. In Perth, it is "1% fat" milk sold in 1-litre carton in the supermarket. Teeheheee ...

As for freezing a pkt of MILO to get "Milo Freeze", never thought of that before. Will try that one soon!! I've to, being the "meelow" fan I am.

Simple theory for that non-existence of Milo Godzilla: I've NO ICE CREAM in my house NOW!! Mebbie later I would go get some. I might tweak the recipe slightly, in the sense that I would replace vanilla ice cream with CHOCOLATE ice cream - recently tried Ben & Jerry.

Sorry to the folks at B & J but I don't like "lime ice cream". Lime drink yes! Lime ice cream NOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooo!!!!!

To those who patronize the Polar cafe, the 2 branches at Raffles CityLink & OUB Centre do have "MILO ice cream". Not bad, except that it melts way faster than their chocolate ice creams. Do watch out for the dripping!!

Another Milo by-product that I forgot to mention is the "MILO bar". Think of the Mars and/or Snickers bar & I think you would know what I'm talking about. Have tried that but I'm sorry to say (again?) that I'm not into them.

Not sure if there is also this Milo product along the likes of "Ovalteenies" from Ovaltine. If so, do tell me. I'd like to try that one out.

Meantime, I'm sure that it would be a smart marketing move. Last week, I spotted 6-tetra "mini" pack of MILO drinks being sold in Liberty supermarket, each would fit into my palm. These would be just the right introduction to small kids. It is one of the things whereby it would be alright for the kids to have "just a taste", i.e. have their own packet. The regular-sized ones are too big for them, though.

My Milo fantasy continues with these 2 things that I've never tried it out before (didn't want to "pee por, pee por"):
  • Bake Milo-flavoured cookies
  • Bake a Milo-infused cake
Okay, that's all for now. I'll be back. If there is "chocolate prata", any chance that there is "Milo prata"???

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there,

Not sure if you have tried the new Milo Bar but it sucks! I just started a petition to bring the original one back. Please sign it and send it on to all you know!

http://www.gopetition.com/online/8963.html

3:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home