Tuesday, January 31, 2006

CNY songs

The other day (which was like ... oh, only yesterday ...), I sms my friend with this:

"If I ever hear yet another song about/on the CNY on the radio, I'll scream yyyyYYYaaAAAAAArrrrrRRRRRrrrrrrHHHHHHHhh ..."

I'm talking about those festive CNY that the various radio stations broadcasting in Mandarin will do during this festive season. Obligatory? Perhaps ... I don't know & I don't want to know.

What frustrates me is that ALL FIVE stations do it, no exceptions.
  1. I switch on to FM8xx, it's there ...
  2. Switch over to FM9xx, it's STILL there
  3. Tweak it to _FM1xxx, there & never gone

Somewhere along in the CNY-themed song being broadcast, one can usually hear this "dong dong chiang" ... until my head goes "ding dong". Throwing my hands up in the air out of frustration, I finally had the guts to switch it to BBC (British Broadcasting Corporation) news ... NEWS ... on the THIRD DAY of CNY - the Doggie Year.

WOOF ... who let the songs out? WOOF ... woof!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home