Saturday, November 26, 2005

David Tao's 933FM interview (A)

As soon as I heard that David Tao was INDEED going to hold a concert in Singapore, I immediately contacted my friend, X, with something like this:

"Eh, want to go to Tao Zhe's concert? ..."

If memory serves me correct, public sale of concert tickets started in early October 2005, on a Monday morning, at 9am. Prior to that, X (yes, she's the one mentioned in earlier blog entries) had asked me what type of seats I was interested in. I replied " ... whatever you wish to get ..."

Fortunately or unfortunately (depending on how you would look at it), I went for the "cheapest tix" ... at S$80 a tix, they don't come that cheap either!!

If anyone is wondering about the reason as to why I did not get the most expensive tickets of S$170, a matter of reasonable investigation, known only to selected people.

Important thing is, as another friend was consoling me "nvm Cookie, tis better tat u went than u didn't go to Tao Zhe's concert! U go, girl!!"

As soon as she had booked & got the confirmed tickets, X sms me " ... got the tickets ..." Three words that have never sounded so good & ones that got me all hyped up.


The countdown to Tao Zhe/David Tao Love Can concert 2005 in Singapore had begun.


First stop: 933FM interview with THE MAN himself on 22/11/2005, at 11pm


Currently, the late-night show is being hosted by Peifen. Once the magical hour of 11pm arrived, she introduced David Tao & the interview began proper.

To me, the interview came in mainly 2 parts:
  • the 1st part that focused on the Love Can concert
  • non-LC stuff

I will mention some non-LC stuff & not on the Love Can part, as I've not done enough on that part to translate to my blog here.

Certain of the non-LC stuff mentioned in the interview got me smiling & laughing, whilst listening very intensively.

As a kid, David was no different from other kids. The one time that he got into trouble with his parents was the time he tripped up another young kid who did nothing wrong with riding a bicycle past David's home in USA. Like any naughty kid, Tao Zhe got punished by his parents.

One would have thought that David would have learnt his lesson but OH NO no NO, The Man himself revealed that & I do a rough short translation in English, that David uttered something like,"Huh, you got me into trouble!! You wait & see!!"

Another non-LC bit was when David Tao mentioned his "fear" on flying cockroaches. Since when do guys "fear" flying cockroaches??

At 40, he is hoping to get involved with movies, probably directing and/or producing. Which means with the current status quo, we the fans of David Tao, have about another 4 years to appreciate his music (and 1 or 2 more full-length concerts). This is before he gradually steps behind the camera, instead of in front of it. Not that he will be out of music completely but perhaps he could do a movie soundtrack.

Music-wise, he touched on a few songs, one of them being "Ai Hen Jian Dan" (I Love You), one of David Tao's trademark songs.

When he mentioned that he wrote the song somewhere in 1992 or 1993, Peifen joking said "... er ..err .. think that time I was so young ...", with David cutting in with this reply "... so how YOUNG you were? ...". Bless her, Peifen replied with "... should be about 10+ ..." & David Tao replied with "... I was also 10+ during that period ..."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home