Friday, December 23, 2005

Pole position on the MRT

Dear all,

Have you by any chance taken the MRT (as we all call it by that in Singapore anyway) lately? I do. In fact, I take public transport to work 5 times a week.

This is one area that I don't indulge in. I understand that some of you who read this posting might & jolly well get angry/offended but unless you do take the MRT in Singapore, you won't know what I mean.

Upon getting into a carriage, you would find yourself either seating (if you are lucky) or stand (if you're unlucky and/or if your next stop is just one MRT station away).

The train is designed such that there are seats against the windows on either side, with metals poles at staggered positions along the middle of the carriage, presumbly for people to put their hands for steadying themselves & not fall down. Simple but effective use of the pole.
  • What I cannot stand is how some people, selfish ones, seem to think that the pole is for their use only
  • They will lean on the pole, thereby effectively cutting off others from using the pole to "grab onto for steadying purpose" ... Their mentality seems to be "huh!! I got to the pole first!! Go somewhere else to grab ..."

I wrote this out of frustration, after seeing this yet again on the MRT. Seeing this once too often sure can make you boil ... except that the only thing boiled I like right now is a cooked boiled lobster.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nobody said...

Yeah! David Tao rockz!!!

2:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home