Sunday, January 01, 2006

My 2006 resolution

Dear Blog,

It might be late, it might NOT be late but anyway, this is my 2 cents' worth on the annual ritual known as "resolution".

IMHO, in front of everybody in my department in the company where I work, I boldly said this:"


I wish to get fit in 2006 (nothing unsual there ...) so that I can TRY to run a mini-marathon in 2007 (VERY very Very UNSUAL here ...).


I do not regret saying that. EVER. However, it might have not been a very good idea to say it in front of so many people, especially now that I know that there will be many pairs of eyes on me each time I bit/munch into something.

Like if I don't eat breakfast before coming to work, I know that I will get hungry at about 10am ... mumbling ... grumble ... mumbling ... shove food into mouth. Something like that.

It is not "Mission Impossible" but rather I think "Mission Nearly Impossible". This is based on the following reasons:

1) What the heck do I know about running, let alone marathons???
2) Considering the sendentary lifestyle I've led so far ... MNI is a good moniker
3) Marathons start early ... at 5.30am/6am ... I am not a morning person (not good, not good)
4) The diet eschew stuff that I'm partaking now
5) This cannot be a half-hearted attempt but a damm serious one

They say "mind over matter". HA!! Easier said than done.

The sort of exercises that I've done so far is "free", meaning: I walk a lot AND I do mean "a lot".
  • I walk to the MRT instead of taking the bus, except on rainy days
  • After my lunch, I walk about the surrounding shops
  • In the name of "retail therapy", walking from The Heeren to Centrepoint for a pair of shoes is "no sweat".

The above not applicable in hot sunny weather ... kidding only. Even then, I will find ways & means to get that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home