Saturday, December 10, 2005

On the Wedding Eve night/ Wedding morning ...

I've no idea on whether this is actually a good thing or not but do bear with me please (don't think it is a repeatition).

You see, it is like this:

For a long time now, as far as I can remember, I've always been a very very light sleeper ... except when on holidays, when I "sleep like a pig".

Some months back (YEAH ... I know that this is waaaaaaaaaaaay overdue), I told you all that it was X's wedding & I had a small part in it. Not only that, I stayed over at her place, the reason being X stayed in one part of Singapore & I stayed on the polar opposite (the other side of Singapore).

I remembered that on the eve of X's wedding, I was working. Immediately after work, I rushed home to get ready for a sleepover at X's home. When I reached her place, I was baffled by the many entrances & so, I did the typical response ... which was to telephone her & say,"Eh, hello, good evening. Your place ah, how to get there ah? I'm here already, hor."

At that time, it was in the evening, about 10pm or so. X came down to get me to her home. I was so surprised to find that her family so calm & cool about THE WEDDING. X told me that it is not the first wedding that her family held, so they already have the experience on what to expect & besides, they have done all the preparations needed.

Yakking on about all until a little past midnight when I finally dozed off to Dreamland. The bride K.O. first, then me.

On her wedding morning, X woke at 5.30am ... and me? At the first chimes of the alarm clock, I was already awake but stayed lazing in it for a bit before dragging myself out of bed. As always, initially whenver I wake up, I'm not a very communicative person. It takes a while before the snooze effect wears off, by which I'll be full of energy.

To cut a long yarn short, see the following timeline for my energy level. I wonder IF & WHEN I do get married, will the energy level still be the same?

Wedding Eve
7.30am - wake up to go work (groggily)
6+pm - knock off work
10pm - reach X's home
12+ midnight - sleep time

Wedding Morning/Day
5.30am - wake up (20% awake)
6am - X's stylist arrives (100% awake, 100% energetic)
slightly after 7am - styling of X into a very beautiful brides completes (even more energy now)
7.40+am or so - Y, who is the husband of X, arrives for the "fetching the bride" (energetic peak; see my earlier posts)
9am - reach Y's home for the tea ceremony on guy's side (still as energetic)
11am (i think) - reach the couple's new matrimonial home, for X to change costume (energetic)
12+pm - tea ceremony on girl's side at X's home starts
1pm - go back my own home to rest

One would have thought that have woken up at 5.30am, I am tired enough to nap but oh no NO no ... still as hyper-energetic as ever.
  • The energy level finally wore off the next morning ... at about 2am
  • I've done my maths & calculated that in a day, there are 24 hours
  • Since the next morning "awake" time is 5.30am & "now" was 2.30am, I've been awake for (24 - 3) = 21 hours!!!!!

21 hours awake!! That's not too bad, considering that I've had an enriching experience, in actually going through an actual Chinese-style wedding, as one of the "sisters".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home