Sunday, January 22, 2006

Hair cut for the DOG Year

Chinese New Year is in about 2 weeks' time & I STILL HAVE NOT BOUGHT STUFF yet. Things like: shoes, clothes, innerwear, bag ...

About the only thing that I've done so far is to cut my hair. I had to queue up at this "$10 hair cut" shop. These kind of shops are a good thing for people like me, who do not like paying cut-throat prices for a simple hair cut (pardon the pun).

I do not really blame the owners of hair cut shops. Not that much anyway.

This phenomeneon had an early start this year. CNY rings in on 29 January 2006.
  • About 1 month prior to the big event, when my mom went for her haircut, she was charged more.
  • She told me that in the years gone past, it was 2 weeks BEFORE the actual date that hair saloons up their charges.
Why else do you think I went for a "$10 hair cut"? Mind you, these hairstylists are good. How to get a profit at $10 ... I still haven't go calculate yet. Mebbie the below might help:
  • These "$10 hair cut" places only do HAIR CUTS, nothing else.
  • There are no "steamers" to steam your hair
  • There is a metal compartment beneath the chair for the cut hair
  • You (the customer) get a comb to take home (hehe, rhymes don't it?)

This is what happens when you go cut your hair in such places.

  1. You MUST prepare a S$10 note (the red colour one)
  2. Slot it in the vending machine
  3. Out shoots a card (name of shop & branch)
  4. You queue up (can't run to buy a kopi ... you would lose your queue numbering)
  5. The next available hairstylist (man/woman) will cut your hair
  6. All done in 10 minutes flat
  7. Collect your belongings (kept in the compartment behind the mirror) & you get your disposable comb
  8. They say "good-bye" (in Japanese) & you (for goodness' sake) say "bye-bye"
Easy enough to register in your mind? Cool? You tell me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home