Sunday, November 20, 2005

Much Better - A Simple Entry

I've been thinking about my blog recently. I know that I've said it before & got even people, other than myself thinking, "What are you doing with blogging? Are you sure that it is you??"

Truth to be told is that I kinda like blogging. To me, it is like an electronic diary, only that in this case, entries in this E-diary can be read by all & sundry. I'm not exactly one to shy away if I've problems (it doesn't matter if the problems were created by me or not) but then again, I'm not one to air ALL my dirty laundry in public.

In the past, whilst still a very small little girl (OK, so I'm a female blogger, who is YOUNG-AT-HEART), in the school that I went to, all of us students, had to KEEP A DIARY!! They even had a competition (sort of like your "who's the smartest one in each class") for some years, with prizes given out for the best entries. How do they, the judges, know? Why, they read your diaries of course! ... I wonder what did they find out? ... That so-and-so in Class ABC like Tom Cruise, the movie star? That the Star Wars movie guy Indy-what's-his-name (Harrison Ford) is like that??

Did I win? NO, of course I did not. Else, I would have had bragging rights to it, man. Besides, I wasn't in the habit of writting it down in those growing-pain years. Some mundane stuff, like: "Today, I had chilli fish slices for recess", or even more tasteless stuff like "Finish my homework early & watch Garfield".

And I thought that the writtings in diaries are private? I was wrong, OH SO WRONG.

I've read a few blogs, namely by 3 blokes who go by the names of Kenny Sia (I know him since my uni days back in Perth), Mr Brown (not an ang moh but Chinese guy, very famous in sunny Singapore) & Mr Miyagi (also not a Japanese but another famous Singaporean blogger who is Chinese).

Those guys ... they got me devouring their entries eagerly. Hey, I even read Mr Miyagi's reservist blog entries before he 'kanna' MINDEF advice to get clearance first before posting, for security purposes. Don't even bother to ask me what it is 'cos I've absolutely no clues whatsoever.

It could not get past me that the design for my postings was such that my entries were very "long & narrow". Unlike many others, I'm no computer geek/genius & hence, I was despairing at how to rectify the asthetic problem of my blog. Then, I thought:"Hey, it seems like a template problem ... u know different templates have different layouts. So, why don't you (meaning myself) change it??"

Have done so. This might not last very long or until I find something more stretchable, more elastic than a rubber band, whereby the entries are positioned better.

CHEERS, mate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home