Tuesday, August 29, 2006

My POOR eyebrows

This is a continuation of the last posting.

My mom is one person that is quite difficult to get a laugh out of her. So, nothing prepared me (it wasn't that shocking anyway) for her response to my eyebrows.

The day came. I went with support from my buddy to the D counter for eyebrow trimming. She was to be my pillar of support & to stop the sales pitch.

I thought that the girl was joking when she told me that the session would last for about 30 minutes, cos of the "thickness" of my brows. Oh my goodness, she was right!!

Even more interesting, was that D's senior stylist, a MAN, did my eyebrows!! I am not being a sexist but a guy doing my brows? I have not felt so embaressed for a long time. HA HA!!

Now, down to the logistics:
  • it cost S$15 per session; if u book FIVE, u get ONE FREE & each of the sessions will cost u S$12
  • must pre-book
  • each session last for about 20-30 min

I sure made the guy work for the $15. Every time my brows got plucked, it felt like someone was pinching me & I felt like whacking the fella on the head. It only lasted 30minutes but to me, it felt like an eternity! I had to sit there on the chair demurely.

At the end of it all, there was no sales pitch surprisingly. I got up, thanked the fella & scooted off with my friend.

Out safely, SHE laughed & so did I. Then, more laughter. Then, mumblings.

As I went home by MRT, i SMS her. "now the rating has gown down to 5 out of 10 ..." To which she replied, "at the rate u r mumbling, it will go to -5 in no time!!"

At HOME, my mother took one look at me & burst into laughter. What was the laughter all about?

SIMPLE: the guy did away with HALF of my eyebrow on either side!! For the next few weeks till it grew back, I had to apply eyebrow pencil ... Fortunately, I had Lancome to thank, since I do have their pencil.

Still, I wasn't happy. Looking at the pictures of all those female stars with lovely eyebrows, I wondered to myself "why can't I have those lovely brows, too??" Perhaps that is why they are STARS & I am merely, a plain jane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home