Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I am going to Melbourne

Hello,

In about 1 month's time, I'll be in Melbourne in May 2006. I'm sooooo excited. I've been dreaming about it for a very long time.

On the 3rd & final day of the annual NATAS travel fair, I booked my air ticket there. Details as follow:
  1. airline = Emirates
  2. departure time = 3.20pm, Singapore time
  3. time it takes to travel from Singapore to Melbourne = 8 hours
  4. arrival time in Melbourne = 10.30pm, Singapore time
  5. cost of a return air ticket = S$400
  6. cost of "agent fee" = S$40
  7. cost of ALL surcharges = S$300
  8. cost of e-Visa, valid for 1 year, starting from date of purchase = S$10
  9. Total cost of just the damm tix alone = S$750

What a huge hole it's gonna burn in my pocket!! The lady who sold me the tix, told me that it is $300 surcharge, as that is wat's dictated by the airline.

Some of the people I know, ask me why I had to choose Australia for a break, when I could have it "better" else where. I think that they meant, "Eh, Australia is quite an expensive country to visit, you know? Go cheaper & better-value place like Hong Kong lah!"

I just have this to say: Australia will forever have a special place in my heart. I'll explain it in my next post.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I am travelling to Melbourne too, in July from Singapore and using Emriates Airlines..!!

What a coincidence..!!

4:07 pm  
Blogger CookieMonster said...

"gautam",

Enjoy.

I guess that you must be travelling during the "off-peak season".

I'll talk more about my Emirates flight in some other post later.

10:26 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home