Friday, June 09, 2006

Continuing my sojourn in Melbourne

well, i know tat this is kinda late but as the saying goes "BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!"

My dear friend, JR, was ever so sweet when fetching me from the airport to my hotel accomodation.

I was standing out alone in the freezing cold, outside the Melbourne International Airport thinking about life there. I saw the airport staff all queuing up patiently with no queue-jumping, into their pick-up-after-our-night-shift-bus. Then, I saw the Hilton airport hotel sign. H for High-Class. Brrrrr, as I said in one of my earlier post, that I just might have to book in there, in Hilton.

The thing that warmed my heart was this quaint-looking structure (?) mid-way to the Hilton.

When JR came round in his wee car (as he called it), he nearly got a popsicle-frozen ME. naaaahh, just joking.

Mind you, it was THREE YEARS since we last saw each other and I nearly broke down when I saw him. I managed to muster up enough energy not to cry. Instead, we gave each other bear hugs.

I don't know why I kept delaying seeing this buddy of mine. Fear of the unkown only creates more fear.

He was very nice. JR said," I'm going to give you a little night tour of Melbourne". I protested that "... but but ... you gotta work ..." He overruled me on that, as I knew that later on in the morning, he still had to get up for work.

JR carried my luggage (ONE PIECE ONLY) into his car and off we went. I do seriously think that these kind of informal tours are much better than the commercial tours.

Our first stop, my accomodation. Here, "shock No.1": the hotel receipt is a print out.

Then, we got to my room. When my parents saw it later, they commented that it seemed a tad small but I absolutely love it. Besides, I was going to be out most of the time, why would I care about the size of the room.

You are going to get bored with the monotonous description of my hotel room.

My room, is like any other hotel room. I got a one bed (i think it was a double bed or queen-size?), 1 side table, wardrobe against 1 side of the wall, 1 table, 1 chair, ..... u get the drift; ONE of everything.

Hey, I even got a pack of complimentary cookies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home