Thursday, May 11, 2006

Departure day for Melbourne

I remember this day well.

My flight was due at 3.20pm & I had to be at Changi International Airport 2 hours beforehand.

Guess what time I woke up? Nearly 11am!! Ha ... I remember waking up & telling myself that the "big day to travel" is FINALLY here!!

Don't know why but my family seemed more anxious than me, with them telling me to pack more long-sleeved tops ... blah blah blah.

Phssh ... I've studied in Perth before & experienced 4 cold winters (I think). So, temperatures of 10-15 deg is nothing to me. As a result, I didn't pack too many thick nor long-sleeved tops.

I was at the airport by 1.10pm, checked in early & the check-in lady was surprised that my luggage allowance was only 9kg!! She further advised that the temperature was about 14 deg or so & asked why I wasn't scared. I smiled & thanked her for her concern, before telling her that I had studied in Australia before (see above). Then, she went "Ahhhh ..."

Went for lunch with my dad. I think I had duck rice & a glass of soya bean drink, while my dad had Teochew porridge. Then, we went to the NTUC mini-mart to get some last minute stuff for myself.

Said "bye-bye" to my dad & went into the Restricted customs area. The shopping there was really good & even better for those people who had no time to shop when they were out in Singapore, plus NO GST IMPOSED on departure flights!! Got Biotherm products on behalf on a colleague.

Bear in mind that food & beverage prices will not be like what one is used to outside at Singapore food court prices. More likely, it is higher & portions ... well, as I didn't eat there in the Restricted area, I won't know.

Lastly, before I boarded my flight, I called my colleagues asking if they had any last-last minute shopping wishes, they said "none" & I switched off my HP.

Melbourne, here I come!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home